I want to build some scenarios with damaged buildings and shell holes, is there an folder I can access to achieve this?
I also would like to give some units before deployment higher achievements status.
Can I rename a unit?
could you post a screen shot of which lines in the folder to adjust?
thanks for any help.
camp/scen help
Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators
-
pipfromslitherine
- Site Admin

- Posts: 9963
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:35 pm
Re: camp/scen help
The 'O' (ohhh) key toggles the damage state for buildings.
You set the pre-defined ach state for units by hitting 0/1/2/3 while hovering over the unit.
To rename things, you need to generate your own text file and override the strings. Copy one of the files from DATA/TEXT into your campaign folder and empty it (or use any of the text<N>.txt files that the game might create), and find the (e.g.) IDS_UNITNAME<N> entry you want to replace in the original files (or read the value from the unitdata file) - notepad++'s find in files works well for this. Put your replacement in the campaign text file in the same format.
Cheers
Pip
You set the pre-defined ach state for units by hitting 0/1/2/3 while hovering over the unit.
To rename things, you need to generate your own text file and override the strings. Copy one of the files from DATA/TEXT into your campaign folder and empty it (or use any of the text<N>.txt files that the game might create), and find the (e.g.) IDS_UNITNAME<N> entry you want to replace in the original files (or read the value from the unitdata file) - notepad++'s find in files works well for this. Put your replacement in the campaign text file in the same format.
Cheers
Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Re: camp/scen help
Hey Pip, thank you for your reply! After all these years this game still rocks on! Ever hopeful for a new series (or an updated editor) CHEERS 
Re: camp/scen help
hello again, Pip Is there a limit for how many units can be placed in a scenario?
I cant figure out how to get reinforcements and or give points to purchase more units at the start screen.
I cant figure out how to get reinforcements and or give points to purchase more units at the start screen.
Re: camp/scen help
oh one more , your fav question to you... I was able to make the axis side move first, how do I switched the flag Icon on the units? I.E. Axis show yank flags.
-
pipfromslitherine
- Site Admin

- Posts: 9963
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:35 pm
Re: camp/scen help
IIRC 64 is the unit limit per side. Reinforcements need to be scripted in BA1. Points are the bottom of the side panel.
How to create axis missions: viewtopic.php?f=105&t=18140
Cheers
Pip
How to create axis missions: viewtopic.php?f=105&t=18140
Cheers
Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Re: camp/scen help
Thanks PiP< could you suggest an program to open the UNITCONS file? In note pad its pure jibberrish, would XML++ work?
Having a good time tweaking a certain scenario,, hats off to the gents that have accomplished this task.
Having a good time tweaking a certain scenario,, hats off to the gents that have accomplished this task.
