classes.txt stats?

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Post Reply
FrancoisPhilidor
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2024 3:55 pm
Location: Czechia

classes.txt stats?

Post by FrancoisPhilidor »

Hi guys, could someone tell me what each of the numbers under "stats" stands for? Many thanks



[CARRIER]
id = 13
category = naval
stats = 6, 7, 12, 3, 2, 10, 11, 4, 15, 14
group = carrier
supportAA
airCarrier
spotter
radar
slowRepair
terminator
Field Marshal - Gustav
Field Marshal - Gustav
Posts: 6181
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm
Location: the land of freedom

Re: classes.txt stats?

Post by terminator »

Do you notice that the stats are exactly the same for the other ships?

Classes.txt.jpg
Classes.txt.jpg (90.16 KiB) Viewed 4387 times
FrancoisPhilidor
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2024 3:55 pm
Location: Czechia

Re: classes.txt stats?

Post by FrancoisPhilidor »

terminator wrote: Sun May 24, 2026 5:51 am Do you notice that the stats are exactly the same for the other ships?


Classes.txt.jpg
Yes thanks.
But I can't figure out what they actually mean :-D
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Posts: 3732
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: classes.txt stats?

Post by GabeKnight »

FrancoisPhilidor wrote: Sun May 10, 2026 5:27 pm Hi guys, could someone tell me what each of the numbers under "stats" stands for? Many thanks
It's the actual "stats" of units and how they will be displayed in the bottom UI.

Ships have stats like "naval small/large attack/defense", ground troops "infantry/vehicle attack/defense" and air units "air small/large attack/defense".

I'm not sure it works with mods, though. I think I tried to add stats like "torpedo attack" to subs and planes with switchable layout, but not sure how it turned out. It's not implemented in my mod - so I guess I failed.
terminator
Field Marshal - Gustav
Field Marshal - Gustav
Posts: 6181
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm
Location: the land of freedom

Re: classes.txt stats?

Post by terminator »

GabeKnight wrote: Sun May 24, 2026 4:35 pm
FrancoisPhilidor wrote: Sun May 10, 2026 5:27 pm Hi guys, could someone tell me what each of the numbers under "stats" stands for? Many thanks
It's the actual "stats" of units and how they will be displayed in the bottom UI.

Ships have stats like "naval small/large attack/defense", ground troops "infantry/vehicle attack/defense" and air units "air small/large attack/defense".

I'm not sure it works with mods, though. I think I tried to add stats like "torpedo attack" to subs and planes with switchable layout, but not sure how it turned out. It's not implemented in my mod - so I guess I failed.
It’s been a long time since you last gave any sign of life, exactly one year :shock:
FrancoisPhilidor
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2024 3:55 pm
Location: Czechia

Re: classes.txt stats?

Post by FrancoisPhilidor »

GabeKnight wrote: Sun May 24, 2026 4:35 pm
FrancoisPhilidor wrote: Sun May 10, 2026 5:27 pm Hi guys, could someone tell me what each of the numbers under "stats" stands for? Many thanks
It's the actual "stats" of units and how they will be displayed in the bottom UI.

Ships have stats like "naval small/large attack/defense", ground troops "infantry/vehicle attack/defense" and air units "air small/large attack/defense".

I'm not sure it works with mods, though. I think I tried to add stats like "torpedo attack" to subs and planes with switchable layout, but not sure how it turned out. It's not implemented in my mod - so I guess I failed.
but these are classes. not individual units. Are you sure those numbers are those large ship/small ship etc stats? Because why would whole classes have those?
terminator
Field Marshal - Gustav
Field Marshal - Gustav
Posts: 6181
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm
Location: the land of freedom

Re: classes.txt stats?

Post by terminator »

FrancoisPhilidor wrote: Sun May 31, 2026 8:11 am but these are classes. not individual units. Are you sure those numbers are those large ship/small ship etc stats? Because why would whole classes have those?
I assume that this is the order in which the types of variables are displayed, not the values of the variables
FrancoisPhilidor
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2024 3:55 pm
Location: Czechia

Re: classes.txt stats?

Post by FrancoisPhilidor »

terminator wrote: Sun May 31, 2026 8:06 pm
FrancoisPhilidor wrote: Sun May 31, 2026 8:11 am but these are classes. not individual units. Are you sure those numbers are those large ship/small ship etc stats? Because why would whole classes have those?
I assume that this is the order in which the types of variables are displayed, not the values of the variables
ah that makes sense, thanks!
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Posts: 3732
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: classes.txt stats?

Post by GabeKnight »

I'm not sure if they are the icons for the full or the "summerized stats" options. Actually I'm not sure if I'm right about my answer at all... :?
terminator wrote: Mon May 25, 2026 7:27 am It’s been a long time since you last gave any sign of life, exactly one year :shock:
Really? Oh well... I remember that at some point I got angry at Slitherine/Artistocrats about something and decided to boycott this forum. Since then I'm on "Steam".

Honesty, by now, I don't know what it was all about anymore... :roll:
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Posts: 3732
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: classes.txt stats?

Post by GabeKnight »

A friendly warning: Don't mess with this. I've tried and broken the stat display....
I don't know how it's supposed to work. But the numbers refer to this:

(I guess anybody can see the pattern...)
Attachments
stats_naval_1024.png
stats_naval_1024.png (55.94 KiB) Viewed 666 times
stats_land_1024.png
stats_land_1024.png (55.97 KiB) Viewed 666 times
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Posts: 3732
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: classes.txt stats?

Post by GabeKnight »

For a long time, I wanted some way to see the "torpedo" attack stats of units. That's why I started to tinker with this whole mechanic. But whatever I tried, there was no way to change how the values were displaye or even to change/mod the stat icons.

So my solution in my mod was to use the (unused) "bombard" stat (#5) to show the torpedo stats of naval units and torpedo-bombers. Works very well so far. I haven’t noticed any strange effects on the units’ behaviour.

Screenshot 12.jpg
Screenshot 12.jpg (238.59 KiB) Viewed 285 times
Post Reply

Return to “Order of Battle Series”