classes.txt stats?
Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats
-
FrancoisPhilidor
- Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

- Posts: 370
- Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2024 3:55 pm
- Location: Czechia
classes.txt stats?
Hi guys, could someone tell me what each of the numbers under "stats" stands for? Many thanks
[CARRIER]
id = 13
category = naval
stats = 6, 7, 12, 3, 2, 10, 11, 4, 15, 14
group = carrier
supportAA
airCarrier
spotter
radar
slowRepair
[CARRIER]
id = 13
category = naval
stats = 6, 7, 12, 3, 2, 10, 11, 4, 15, 14
group = carrier
supportAA
airCarrier
spotter
radar
slowRepair
-
terminator
- Field Marshal - Gustav

- Posts: 6181
- Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm
- Location: the land of freedom
Re: classes.txt stats?
Do you notice that the stats are exactly the same for the other ships?
-
FrancoisPhilidor
- Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

- Posts: 370
- Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2024 3:55 pm
- Location: Czechia
Re: classes.txt stats?
Yes thanks.terminator wrote: Sun May 24, 2026 5:51 am Do you notice that the stats are exactly the same for the other ships?
Classes.txt.jpg
But I can't figure out what they actually mean
-
GabeKnight
- Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

- Posts: 3732
- Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm
Re: classes.txt stats?
It's the actual "stats" of units and how they will be displayed in the bottom UI.FrancoisPhilidor wrote: Sun May 10, 2026 5:27 pm Hi guys, could someone tell me what each of the numbers under "stats" stands for? Many thanks
Ships have stats like "naval small/large attack/defense", ground troops "infantry/vehicle attack/defense" and air units "air small/large attack/defense".
I'm not sure it works with mods, though. I think I tried to add stats like "torpedo attack" to subs and planes with switchable layout, but not sure how it turned out. It's not implemented in my mod - so I guess I failed.
-
terminator
- Field Marshal - Gustav

- Posts: 6181
- Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm
- Location: the land of freedom
Re: classes.txt stats?
It’s been a long time since you last gave any sign of life, exactly one yearGabeKnight wrote: Sun May 24, 2026 4:35 pmIt's the actual "stats" of units and how they will be displayed in the bottom UI.FrancoisPhilidor wrote: Sun May 10, 2026 5:27 pm Hi guys, could someone tell me what each of the numbers under "stats" stands for? Many thanks
Ships have stats like "naval small/large attack/defense", ground troops "infantry/vehicle attack/defense" and air units "air small/large attack/defense".
I'm not sure it works with mods, though. I think I tried to add stats like "torpedo attack" to subs and planes with switchable layout, but not sure how it turned out. It's not implemented in my mod - so I guess I failed.
-
FrancoisPhilidor
- Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

- Posts: 370
- Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2024 3:55 pm
- Location: Czechia
Re: classes.txt stats?
but these are classes. not individual units. Are you sure those numbers are those large ship/small ship etc stats? Because why would whole classes have those?GabeKnight wrote: Sun May 24, 2026 4:35 pmIt's the actual "stats" of units and how they will be displayed in the bottom UI.FrancoisPhilidor wrote: Sun May 10, 2026 5:27 pm Hi guys, could someone tell me what each of the numbers under "stats" stands for? Many thanks
Ships have stats like "naval small/large attack/defense", ground troops "infantry/vehicle attack/defense" and air units "air small/large attack/defense".
I'm not sure it works with mods, though. I think I tried to add stats like "torpedo attack" to subs and planes with switchable layout, but not sure how it turned out. It's not implemented in my mod - so I guess I failed.
-
terminator
- Field Marshal - Gustav

- Posts: 6181
- Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm
- Location: the land of freedom
Re: classes.txt stats?
I assume that this is the order in which the types of variables are displayed, not the values of the variablesFrancoisPhilidor wrote: Sun May 31, 2026 8:11 am but these are classes. not individual units. Are you sure those numbers are those large ship/small ship etc stats? Because why would whole classes have those?
-
FrancoisPhilidor
- Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

- Posts: 370
- Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2024 3:55 pm
- Location: Czechia
Re: classes.txt stats?
ah that makes sense, thanks!terminator wrote: Sun May 31, 2026 8:06 pmI assume that this is the order in which the types of variables are displayed, not the values of the variablesFrancoisPhilidor wrote: Sun May 31, 2026 8:11 am but these are classes. not individual units. Are you sure those numbers are those large ship/small ship etc stats? Because why would whole classes have those?
-
GabeKnight
- Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

- Posts: 3732
- Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm
Re: classes.txt stats?
I'm not sure if they are the icons for the full or the "summerized stats" options. Actually I'm not sure if I'm right about my answer at all...
Honesty, by now, I don't know what it was all about anymore...
Really? Oh well... I remember that at some point I got angry at Slitherine/Artistocrats about something and decided to boycott this forum. Since then I'm on "Steam".terminator wrote: Mon May 25, 2026 7:27 am It’s been a long time since you last gave any sign of life, exactly one year![]()
Honesty, by now, I don't know what it was all about anymore...
-
GabeKnight
- Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

- Posts: 3732
- Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm
Re: classes.txt stats?
A friendly warning: Don't mess with this. I've tried and broken the stat display....
I don't know how it's supposed to work. But the numbers refer to this:
(I guess anybody can see the pattern...)
I don't know how it's supposed to work. But the numbers refer to this:
(I guess anybody can see the pattern...)
- Attachments
-
- stats_naval_1024.png (55.94 KiB) Viewed 680 times
-
- stats_land_1024.png (55.97 KiB) Viewed 680 times
-
GabeKnight
- Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

- Posts: 3732
- Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm
Re: classes.txt stats?
For a long time, I wanted some way to see the "torpedo" attack stats of units. That's why I started to tinker with this whole mechanic. But whatever I tried, there was no way to change how the values were displaye or even to change/mod the stat icons.
So my solution in my mod was to use the (unused) "bombard" stat (#5) to show the torpedo stats of naval units and torpedo-bombers. Works very well so far. I haven’t noticed any strange effects on the units’ behaviour.
So my solution in my mod was to use the (unused) "bombard" stat (#5) to show the torpedo stats of naval units and torpedo-bombers. Works very well so far. I haven’t noticed any strange effects on the units’ behaviour.