Search found 25 matches

by maczathras
Sun Aug 16, 2026 12:02 am
Forum: Panzer Corps 2
Topic: AlliedOp Volumes 2 and 3 Release Dates and Expectations
Replies: 11
Views: 4124

Re: AlliedOp Volumes 2 and 3 Release Dates and Expectations

I'm hoping we get to see the First Special Service Force and expanded Free French equipment in Volume 2. Finally, US Mountain Troops!
by maczathras
Tue Jul 21, 2026 3:59 pm
Forum: Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design
Topic: Simple Editor Question - Play Button
Replies: 0
Views: 1081

Simple Editor Question - Play Button

I've started building scenarios and campaigns on a Mac, and the editor won't start playing a scenario directly. I get a CRC error. It works just fine on Windows. Using the Play button in the Editor is one way I used to play-test the scenario.

What settings does the play button use for a scenario? I ...
by maczathras
Sun Sep 01, 2024 11:00 pm
Forum: Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design
Topic: PC1 US1942 Campaign Translation
Replies: 9
Views: 5171

Re: PC1 US1942 Campaign Translation

I refined some of the scenarios in the North Africa campaign, and added a couple new ones in Sicily. In Sicily, the Troina and Messina scenarios are still in progress. So far, they consistently crash on my machine, and aren't safe to share yet. I haven't started the scenarios for the Italian ...
by maczathras
Sat Aug 17, 2024 11:32 pm
Forum: Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design
Topic: PC1 US1942 Campaign Translation
Replies: 9
Views: 5171

Re: PC1 US1942 Campaign Translation

I've had some more time to work on the conversion. 1942-43/North Africa is basically complete, except for Tunis. The scenario keeps crashing on my machine, even after three conversion attempts. I have also completed the first two scenarios of 1943-44/Italy, and should have the use of the North ...
by maczathras
Thu Jul 11, 2024 5:50 pm
Forum: Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design
Topic: PC1 US1942 Campaign Translation
Replies: 9
Views: 5171

Re: PC1 US1942 Campaign Translation

I've worked on further scenarios. The campaign up to Mateur, Bizerte, and Tunis have been completed.

I've also converted this into a mod, so that I can use a recent units.csv file from the PanzerCorps1 conversion. Many thanks to that team for their hard work and inspiration, and to Grondel for his ...
by maczathras
Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:43 am
Forum: Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design
Topic: Change unit orders
Replies: 13
Views: 5015

Re: Change unit orders

The trigger has been firing, and I get the tutorial message at the end of the function. Setting the count to 0 still didn't change the orders.
by maczathras
Tue Jul 09, 2024 5:48 pm
Forum: Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design
Topic: Change unit orders
Replies: 13
Views: 5015

Re: Change unit orders

This is the latest copy of the scenario, with the last recommended change.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/xlsj3ylg ... 9.zip/file
by maczathras
Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:19 pm
Forum: Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design
Topic: Change unit orders
Replies: 13
Views: 5015

Re: Change unit orders

I tried it, and the orders haven't changed even by turn 5. Thank you for the idea.

In an odd way, I feel better that I didn't miss something completely obvious when someone like you looks over my scenario.
by maczathras
Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:51 pm
Forum: Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design
Topic: Change unit orders
Replies: 13
Views: 5015

Re: Change unit orders

The trigger is set up properly, and fires as expected. This is the current code dealing with the order changes. The removal of the air units works successfully, as does the final tutorial message. Only the order change is failing.


function Turn12Condition()
return world.round == 1
end ...
by maczathras
Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:07 pm
Forum: Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design
Topic: Change unit orders
Replies: 13
Views: 5015

Re: Change unit orders

I freely admit that Lua isn't a programming language I'm comfortable wit. I isn't my first, or even tenth programming language, but I'm not the best with scripting languages, even with the Lua manual.
by maczathras
Mon Jul 08, 2024 4:01 pm
Forum: Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design
Topic: Change unit orders
Replies: 13
Views: 5015

Re: Change unit orders

I had rewritten the logic in the Lua script since my original post. I've also modified the first order, in case the use of Default for the first order was causing the issue.

Looking at the Lua code you provided, and my updated code, the only difference I see is that I didn't use parentheses in the ...
by maczathras
Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:58 pm
Forum: Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design
Topic: Change unit orders
Replies: 13
Views: 5015

Re: Change unit orders

I'm still having issue with changing unit orders. I've looked at several scenarios where this happens, and I'm not seeing what I'm going wrong.

I've uploaded a copy of the scenario, in case someone has time to see if I've messed up something obvious.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/bmojt20q7rlnacw ...
by maczathras
Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:54 pm
Forum: Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design
Topic: Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)
Replies: 1408
Views: 439495

Re: Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

I noticed a bug in the 1940 Campaign, in the Albert Canal scenario. One of the objectives is to raid Brussels, but Brussels isn't labeled on the map.
by maczathras
Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:09 pm
Forum: Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design
Topic: PC1 US1942 Campaign Translation
Replies: 9
Views: 5171

PC1 US1942 Campaign Translation

In my spare time, I've been doing a basic translation of the US 1942 campaign from Panzer Corps 1. I got tired of playing as the Germans. So far, I have a three scenario training sequence, plus most of the scenarios up through Sbiba. I'm still having issues with Kasserine Pass and El Guettar ...
by maczathras
Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:48 pm
Forum: Panzer Corps 2
Topic: Multiple units on a single Hex - PzC 3 idea
Replies: 1
Views: 1111

Re: Multiple units on a single Hex - PzC 3 idea

There are some interesting thoughts here. I do have a couple of additions. The first is that it might support the concept of tank-mounted infantry. This is listed in several of the US Army histories of WWII, but I haven't seen it implemented in PzC2.

The second is more of a concern. I often use ...
by maczathras
Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:50 pm
Forum: Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design
Topic: Change unit orders
Replies: 13
Views: 5015

Change unit orders

In a scenario, I'm trying to set up two sets of unit orders - the first that covers the first several turns, then a second set once a turn-based trigger fires.

I've attached the unit's AI configuration (for the Axis player, #1). This is the LUA code from the script

turn12Message = NSLOCTEXT ...
by maczathras
Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:29 pm
Forum: Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design
Topic: Editor Issues and Requests
Replies: 3
Views: 2025

Re: Editor Issues and Requests

I hadn't considered that, Grondel. Unfortunately, most of the time it's to pick up the units, relative placement, and the core/auxiliary setup. While converting, I'm translating the maps manually to keep the same orientation that PC1 had - having North on the right is too confusing for me. (shrug)
by maczathras
Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:18 pm
Forum: Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design
Topic: Editor Issues and Requests
Replies: 3
Views: 2025

Editor Issues and Requests

During my conversion of a PzC1 campaign, I've noticed several issues.

1) Occasionally, the PzC1 and/or PzC2 editor will disappear from the task bar. It's still running, but not visible.

2) The PzC2 editor crashes trying to import the Battle of Kasserine Pass scenario from PzC1. I'm not sure why ...
by maczathras
Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:08 pm
Forum: Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design
Topic: Retreats and Blowing Bridges
Replies: 1
Views: 1324

Retreats and Blowing Bridges

I'm translating the US Corps campaigns from PzC1, and I've hit a couple of snags.

1) In Kasserine Pass, I need to change the Axis behavior from attacking to retreating to specific exit hexes. So far, I haven't found out how to change the AI behavior to accomplish this. I've looked at the Pz1 Axis ...
by maczathras
Sun Jun 02, 2024 3:13 pm
Forum: Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design
Topic: Source Control
Replies: 1
Views: 1458

Re: Source Control

After testing, I found that Git may be used in the users Campaigns and Scenarios directories to keep track of changes successfully, without causing issues in the game.

Go to advanced search