After a long time playing the vanilla version, it's funny to see heavy infantry attacking my ships... :lol:
Screenshot 11.jpg
Also noticed an error in my mod. Gave the "DUKW" transport a "shallow_draft" chassis instead of "amphibious". Suddenly they couldn't disembark on beaches and forest ...
Search found 3412 matches
- Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:52 am
- Forum: Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design
- Topic: The "Gabe-Mod" (v8.4.4)
- Replies: 671
- Views: 274250
- Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:15 am
- Forum: Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design
- Topic: The "Gabe-Mod" (v8.4.4)
- Replies: 671
- Views: 274250
Re: The "Gabe-Mod" (v10.0.6)
The Japanese campaign works with all "Major Victories" on level V difficulty.
And if the "Guadalcanal" scen works with the Marines campaign, the remaining scens will work, too...
- Thu Oct 01, 2026 5:51 am
- Forum: Order of Battle Series
- Topic: classes.txt stats?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4723
Re: classes.txt stats?
For a long time, I wanted some way to see the "torpedo" attack stats of units. That's why I started to tinker with this whole mechanic. But whatever I tried, there was no way to change how the values were displaye or even to change/mod the stat icons.
So my solution in my mod was to use the (unused ...
So my solution in my mod was to use the (unused ...
- Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:39 pm
- Forum: Order of Battle Bug Submissions
- Topic: [Change-Request][Asian town missing a road bridge][New]
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3281
Re: [Change-Request][Asian town missing a road bridge][New]
It's kind of a known bug: if there's a road intersection on river hexes the bridge feature doesn't work anymore...
To fix this, you would need to rework the road placements.
This applies to all your other posts about "missing bridges". Just so you know.
To fix this, you would need to rework the road placements.
This applies to all your other posts about "missing bridges". Just so you know.
- Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:29 pm
- Forum: Order of Battle Bug Submissions
- Topic: [Unit Bug][Polish infantry10.0]
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1439
Re: [Unit Bug][Polish infantry10.0]
There appears to be two identical Polish 1945 infantry units.
Yeah, noticed them, too.
My guess is they were added by mistake. But once they have been used in some scenario, deleting them from the units file would cause an error; namely spawning the unit with id=0, the Japanese "Type 97 ...
- Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:24 pm
- Forum: Order of Battle Bug Submissions
- Topic: [Gameplay bug][Destroying cargo trucks does not lower Soviet unit efficiency in the Raate Road scenario][New]
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1227
Re: [Gameplay bug][Destroying cargo trucks does not lower Soviet unit efficiency in the Raate Road scenario][New]
Maybe the text is a bit misleading, but destroying the trucks reduces the supply output of the nearby supply hexes from 20 -> 10 or 15 > 10 respectively.
- Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:21 pm
- Forum: Order of Battle Bug Submissions
- Topic: [Gameplay Bug][Final turn guarantees failure in Operation Longcloth][New]
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1048
- Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:20 pm
- Forum: Order of Battle Bug Submissions
- Topic: [Gameplay Bug][Insufficient RP given upon achieving an objective in the Nanning scenario][New]
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3105
Re: [Gameplay Bug][Insufficient RP given upon achieving an objective in the Nanning scenario][New]
Also an easy text file fix. Thanks for all these posts.
- Mon Sep 28, 2026 4:18 pm
- Forum: Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design
- Topic: The "Gabe-Mod" (v8.4.4)
- Replies: 671
- Views: 274250
Re: The "Gabe-Mod" (v8.4.4)
:lol:
(I have very fond memories of "A Link to the Past" ...)
Believe it or not, but I'm almost done with the update. I know I took my time... :oops:
(To be honest, the now available (so-called "AI") LLM tools were VERY helpful.)
Not sure if there's still interest, but once I've done some more ...
(I have very fond memories of "A Link to the Past" ...)
Believe it or not, but I'm almost done with the update. I know I took my time... :oops:
(To be honest, the now available (so-called "AI") LLM tools were VERY helpful.)
Not sure if there's still interest, but once I've done some more ...
- Mon Sep 28, 2026 4:05 pm
- Forum: Order of Battle Series
- Topic: classes.txt stats?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4723
Re: classes.txt stats?
A friendly warning: Don't mess with this. I've tried and broken the stat display....
I don't know how it's supposed to work. But the numbers refer to this:
(I guess anybody can see the pattern...)
I don't know how it's supposed to work. But the numbers refer to this:
(I guess anybody can see the pattern...)
- Mon Sep 28, 2026 4:02 pm
- Forum: Order of Battle Bug Submissions
- Topic: [Graphical Bug][D2A has same model as D1A][New]
- Replies: 1
- Views: 879
Re: [Graphical Bug][D2A has same model as D1A][New]
Good find. Also an easy fix in my mod, as the "D2A" model is in the game already.
- Mon Sep 28, 2026 4:00 pm
- Forum: Order of Battle Bug Submissions
- Topic: [Gameplay Bug][Reward missing upon objective completion in the Lanfeng scenario][New]
- Replies: 1
- Views: 7345
Re: [Gameplay Bug][Reward missing upon objective completion in the Lanfeng scenario][New]
Fun fact: It' not the “Don't lose more than 3 Auxiliary units” award that's flawed, but the 160 RPs from the primary objective "Take Zhengzhou". You only get 100RP. Easy fix in the text files. Thanks.
- Mon Sep 28, 2026 3:58 pm
- Forum: Order of Battle Bug Submissions
- Topic: [Gameplay Bug][Guam missing land supply hex in Philippine Sea scenario][New]
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1910
Re: [Gameplay Bug][Guam missing land supply hex in Philippine Sea scenario][New]
Yep. Same thing. Fixed in my own files. Thank you.
- Mon Sep 28, 2026 3:57 pm
- Forum: Order of Battle Bug Submissions
- Topic: [Gameplay Bug][Islet missing land supply hex in Operation Downfall scenario][New]
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1965
Re: [Gameplay Bug][Islet missing land supply hex in Operation Downfall scenario][New]
Thanks for the reminder. This has bothered me as well. Fixed in my own "campaign fixes" files.
- Thu Aug 27, 2026 5:15 am
- Forum: Order of Battle Series
- Topic: Unusable commanders clutter UI
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3298
Re: Unusable commanders clutter UI
The Soviet Commissar, for example, is like a ball and chain, dragging you down with negative defensive stats:
This is not the Soviet "NKVD Commander" you get in the stock Soviet campaign (through a specialisation, I believe?)!
The "Commissar" is only available to modders (or scenario creators ...
- Wed Aug 26, 2026 3:32 am
- Forum: Order of Battle Bug Submissions
- Topic: [Gameplay Bug][Despite destroying Japanese fleet carriers at Coral Sea, Midway shows notice saying not as such][New]
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1933
Re: [Gameplay Bug][Despite destroying Japanese fleet carriers at Coral Sea, Midway shows notice saying not as such][New]
Don't get your hopes up that anything gets fixed anymore.
Seriously.
But there's a "fix-pack" for the US/Japanese Pacific campaigns on the "Steam" forum of the game. Look into the "guides" section. The user name is "General ..." something. It works well.
Seriously.
But there's a "fix-pack" for the US/Japanese Pacific campaigns on the "Steam" forum of the game. Look into the "guides" section. The user name is "General ..." something. It works well.
- Wed Aug 26, 2026 3:26 am
- Forum: Order of Battle Series
- Topic: Shock stat?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2377
Re: Shock stat?
Yeah, I get it's confusing as the "shock" stats are displayed as parts of 100 and the "efficiency" stats as 10. But basically a "shock" value of 40 will reduce efficiency by 4.
And even if the internal rounding in the game may show only 1 efficiency loss when attacked by an unit with 15 shock; if ...
And even if the internal rounding in the game may show only 1 efficiency loss when attacked by an unit with 15 shock; if ...
- Wed Aug 26, 2026 3:10 am
- Forum: Order of Battle Series
- Topic: classes.txt stats?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4723
Re: classes.txt stats?
I'm not sure if they are the icons for the full or the "summerized stats" options. Actually I'm not sure if I'm right about my answer at all... :?
It’s been a long time since you last gave any sign of life, exactly one year :shock:
Really? Oh well... I remember that at some point I got angry ...
It’s been a long time since you last gave any sign of life, exactly one year :shock:
Really? Oh well... I remember that at some point I got angry ...
- Wed Aug 26, 2026 3:01 am
- Forum: Order of Battle Series
- Topic: best unit type balance
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2016
Re: best unit type balance
I agree with others that it is scenario dependent but also very important is what difficulty you play. If playing colonel difficulty and above artillery and strat bombers becomes more important.
:arrow: This.
Playing level III difficulty, I had mostly tac. bombers, tanks and weak/medium anti ...
- Wed Aug 26, 2026 2:47 am
- Forum: Order of Battle Series
- Topic: On the utility of StuG III (B/D/E) series in German campaigns
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4408
Re: On the utility of StuG III (B/D/E) series in German campaigns
Every "switch" unit has to cost extra CP, in my opinion. I wouldn't use the StuG spearheading an attack, but their high inf. attack stats are great to finish off infantry units, and their high vehicle defense stats make them hold their ground against enemy tanks. And an extra artillery is always ...