Locarnus Addon 2026-09 DE, RU, FR & SPANISH translations

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

bondjamesbond
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3220
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:10 pm

Re: Locarnus Addon 2026-09 DE, RU, FR & SPANISH translations

Post by bondjamesbond »

SMK seems a bit too special for just a single scenario. I also do not have a graphic for it.
But they are included in this brilliant mod! Just like the T-100 and the SU-130, for that matter)
viewtopic.php?t=50342
Then change the starting BA unit in the Khalkin Gol scenario to be such a Std bonus unit.
The original mission about Khalkhin Gol – and, for that matter, the Finnish War followed by the liberation campaign in Poland – is just a slapdash job cobbled together for the ‘Soviet Corps’ add-on.The briefings were written by either a complete idiot or a schoolboy – I particularly liked the bit about Stalin’s Gulag in the event of failure )))As we say here, what a botched job!
But in Mongolia itself, you could add this unit as a bonus for the Reds )))
https://acupstudios.wixsite.com/aboutev ... -76-1934-г

Image
https://waralbum.ru/73797/
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Волочиска ... кая_группа
:wink:

As for the first one, I was just joking about SAU SU-76 (1934) but the Su-12 – spot on )))
https://bronetehnika.narod.ru/su12/su12.html
https://mynickname.com/id73473
Image
Locarnus
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther
Posts: 1008
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: Locarnus Addon 2026-09 DE, RU, FR & SPANISH translations

Post by Locarnus »

Anderkav wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 7:29 pm The problem with the Soviet campaign is that there are obviously better tanks in the face of the Kv and t-34, in the STD units they should not be at all. But the auxiliary units of the t-38 and t-70 line are likely to be well-equipped, as well as armored vehicles. I really don't know if it's possible to make separate branches of improvements in STD units (I've already forgotten everything). It seems that this is achieved by different countries in the AXIS.
If so, it is better to allocate it mainly for armored vehicles according to landlise (the Soviets made the Matilda 2 with the f-32, just in early 1942). The icon was exactly made for it.
The option with a message at the beginning is probably optimal so that the player does not score slots, especially in Finland they give out KV
I quickly looked at what was in the 4 missions
Mini-note, is it possible to replace Brest fortress with a new unit in 4 missions?
Also, Marines appear on sale, which is much better than regular infantry, besides, it is not particularly appropriate for the place and time. However, then the USSR did not have at least some infantry.
And the B-4 203mm, which looks like an excellent gift (not for sale), rather for the Battle for Moscow mission.
I try to play the non Battlefield Europe campaigns only with "rule of 1".
I made this house rule in order to play with more unit variety.
So for example in the original german campaign I would only deploy 1 Panzer IV F-2. If I want to deploy another tank unit in mid 1942, I would have to either use a worse version like the Panzer IV F-1 or another chassis like the Panzer III J-2 or StuG III and so on.
Thus this "rule of 1" prevents the player from only using hordes of the best units available.
I usually exempt basic infantry from the "rule of 1", so unlimited number of those can be used.

For Soviet Corps the "rule of 1" would prevent me from using multiple KV-1 for that first mission in 1941.
In my opinion it is practically impossible to achieve unit variety in Panzer Corps without such a voluntary house rule.

-----------------------

That Matilda II modification would make it much longer competitive. I will try to add it for the update planned for tomorrow, since it does not require much work.Though I probably would make it only available for Stalingrad or so, since historically the gun was prioritized for T-34 production.
Thank you for the graphic and suggestion!

I will also quickly try to change the first few missions, without messages or other more time consuming changes.
:arrow: And then take a deeper look at them for the 2026-11 update. Since the coming update has some significant bug fixes for the Battlefield Europe scenario. Found by the german youtube playthrough by HerzogSieg, of Battlefield Europe with my Addon mod.
Same for the STD unit roster. Need more time for that.


I can swap Brest fortress for the one in Battlefield Europe scenario. Thats only takes a few clicks.

I'll deactivate the Marines for the Soviet Corps campaign.
I wanted to make the Ski infantry from Battlefield Europe available for Soviet Corps, but it only works with the "rule of 1" since they are also much stronger.

Not for sale would mean permanent loss if destroyed. That 203mm r4 arty has such low rate of fire and ammo that I would only use 1, even if it was cheaper and without the "rule of 1".


bondjamesbond wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 8:27 pm
SMK seems a bit too special for just a single scenario. I also do not have a graphic for it.
But they are included in this brilliant mod! Just like the T-100 and the SU-130, for that matter)
viewtopic.php?t=50342
Then change the starting BA unit in the Khalkin Gol scenario to be such a Std bonus unit.
The original mission about Khalkhin Gol – and, for that matter, the Finnish War followed by the liberation campaign in Poland – is just a slapdash job cobbled together for the ‘Soviet Corps’ add-on. But in Mongolia itself, you could add this unit as a bonus for the Reds )))

As for the first one, I was just joking about the Su-12 – spot on )))
I really have to revisit Soviet Storm mod, all those great unit graphics for Soviet Union and German forces.
And I'll have to ask Akkula for permission to use those graphics. Hope he still checks this forum.
Thank you for reminding me!

Same for those units with switch function. They require quite a bit of work compared to for example another Matilda tank graphic. I remember the BT tank with howitzer also still on the to do list. :wink:
longer, alternative "PG" like Campaign new version 0.34 from 2011.08.02 (another bugfix & now in zip format)
Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”