I am playing with an 800 pt DAG English 100 Years War Continental army in an MP DAG game against a English WotR Yorkist Army. I purchased FF (8) and my LB have PD.
When the game opened up the FF were missing. My LB are not given the option to plant their PDs.
Does having or not having the initiative have anything to do with this?
Rather pissed as I paid the points and now they are not there in the game.
sounds like you got bugged in the game. The FF's used to be down at the bottom of the map and you had to place them where you wanted them. perhaps you thought they were part of the terrain. As for the PD's I think you have to right click on the unit to get the drop down that says to place them, or perhaps you accidentally did not buy them when you made up your army. I recall you could either buy them or not from the DAG list.
If you click on the 'PD' icon, you will see a tick appear and the cost per unit increases by one. I made this error the other day and couldn't understand why my archers didn't have stakes.