Ingame feedback from: Obsolete

Open beta forum

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Obsolete
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1203
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 5:25 pm

Ingame feedback from: Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Mortar units is still weird. I'll see where the unit is firing from, despite they are out of vision range. I don't think that is by design? If so, then they should be SPOTTED.
Obsolete
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1203
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 5:25 pm

Ingame feedback from: Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

I whittled a unit down to 0 APs, and yet he still retreats over a wreck and bulldozes it? Hmm!
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 9964
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:35 pm

Post by pipfromslitherine »

I'm not sure what you mean - that there should be some text that pops up?

Waypoints aren't going to happen (at least for the initial release). Just no time - and quite a power-user feature it feels. Sadly we have to prioritise.

Thanks

Pip
Obsolete
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1203
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by Obsolete »

pipfromslitherine wrote:I'm not sure what you mean - that there should be some text that pops up?


Pip
If I can see exactly where a Mortar unit is firing from, then I should at least get a SPOTTED text pop-up. And that unit should remain SPOTTED during my turn. This is why I believe it is a bug, especially since I can see enemy mortar units firing against me when they are so far away from my units that I shouldn't see where they are coming from.
Image
Experience Ratio = (def exp level + 2)/(att exp level + 2)
Entrenchment Ratio = (def entr rate + 1) /(att entr rate + 1)
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 13558
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:19 am

Post by IainMcNeil »

Artillery units include an fixed guns like mortars, AT guns and heavy machine guns. Might be best to rename them as support?
Obsolete
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1203
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by Obsolete »

Hmm, maybe 'Stationary' ?
Image
Experience Ratio = (def exp level + 2)/(att exp level + 2)
Entrenchment Ratio = (def entr rate + 1) /(att entr rate + 1)
pomakli
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D
Posts: 896
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:40 pm
Location: Munich/Germany

Himmm...

Post by pomakli »

Mortars and AT guns as artillery, but heavy machine guns....??

:?
pomakli
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D
Posts: 896
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:40 pm
Location: Munich/Germany

but..

Post by pomakli »

Obsolete wrote:Hmm, maybe 'Stationary' ?
but they are transportable!!

:?

Then support!

:P
Obsolete
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1203
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by Obsolete »

Had an online game where a Panzer III opened up attack on me as I was moving in. He shoots when I am at a distance of 4, and kills a direct hit. Perhaps the hit was a lucky shot, but from all my other trials PzIIIs wait until a range of II when facing frontal of an M3 & Crusader.

Maybe I still don't understand these mechanics well.
Image
Experience Ratio = (def exp level + 2)/(att exp level + 2)
Entrenchment Ratio = (def entr rate + 1) /(att entr rate + 1)
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 13558
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:19 am

Post by IainMcNeil »

He may have had a 1% chance to hit and got lucky. Thats war unfortunately :)
Obsolete
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1203
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by Obsolete »

As I understand it, there is no random roll during this decision to fire, so it still doesn't make sense to me why I got fired on at twice the range that the PZ is supposed to open at. I wasn't on a road and sneaking doesn't make a difference in this particular heads-up battle, so either there is something else I misssed in the mechanics or something is off. I'll keep an eye on it in the meantime.
Image
Experience Ratio = (def exp level + 2)/(att exp level + 2)
Entrenchment Ratio = (def entr rate + 1) /(att entr rate + 1)
Obsolete
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1203
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by Obsolete »

During the replayer in the Normandy scenario, I spotted movement along a diagonal from one tree to a tree next to it. I should not have seen anything, since the unit was not spotted. I guessed correctly it was a scout and exactly where it was during my turnset. Looks like some more care should be taken to not expose this on diagonals.

Maybe it's a rare bug, not sure. I"ll keep a closer watch from now on.
Image
Experience Ratio = (def exp level + 2)/(att exp level + 2)
Entrenchment Ratio = (def entr rate + 1) /(att entr rate + 1)
Obsolete
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1203
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by Obsolete »

Here is the Mortar problem I was talking about. By shifting my camera during the replayer, I can see the plumes of smoke to indicate exactly where the mortar is. Yet, he SHOULD be far past the vision range of my units. So why exactly am I able to see this?

Image
Image
Experience Ratio = (def exp level + 2)/(att exp level + 2)
Entrenchment Ratio = (def entr rate + 1) /(att entr rate + 1)
Obsolete
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1203
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 5:25 pm

Ingame feedback from: Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Why do units surrender when seperated by bocage?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 9964
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:35 pm

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Obsolete wrote:Here is the Mortar problem I was talking about. By shifting my camera during the replayer, I can see the plumes of smoke to indicate exactly where the mortar is. Yet, he SHOULD be far past the vision range of my units. So why exactly am I able to see this?

Image
So you can see the effect, but not the mortar? If so that is very odd. The tile looks visible too.

Pip
Obsolete
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1203
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 5:25 pm

Ingame feedback from: Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

If I attack a tile with stucks and FWs, aren't they supposed to attack the closest target if there are non in that tile?
Obsolete
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1203
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by Obsolete »

So you can see the effect, but not the mortar? If so that is very odd. The tile looks visible too.

I can see the mortar (and effect) only during the replayer. On my turn it's all invisible again. I shouldn't be allowed to have seen it at all as I understand it.
Image
Experience Ratio = (def exp level + 2)/(att exp level + 2)
Entrenchment Ratio = (def entr rate + 1) /(att entr rate + 1)
Obsolete
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1203
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 5:25 pm

Ingame feedback from: Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Often I can shoot down diagonals (corners) and often I can not. I am not wsure why this random issue happens. Maybe some terrain borders allow it while others do not but I'm not so sure I see consistancy in this.
�
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 9964
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:35 pm

Re: Ingame feedback from: Obsolete

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Obsolete wrote:If I attack a tile with stucks and FWs, aren't they supposed to attack the closest target if there are non in that tile?
Only up to a few tiles away - it's to deal with small movements, but it won't just go search for anything on the map.

Cheers

Pip
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 9964
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:35 pm

Re: Ingame feedback from: Obsolete

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Obsolete wrote:Often I can shoot down diagonals (corners) and often I can not. I am not wsure why this random issue happens. Maybe some terrain borders allow it while others do not but I'm not so sure I see consistancy in this.
�
The logic is fairly complex, but generally it should err on the side of being able to fire. You are correct that some things block and others do not - we have made this more consistent in the next version. If you see any specific cases where it just seems to be wrong, then a screen would be the ideal way to show it.

Cheers

Pip
Post Reply

Return to “Battle Academy : Open Beta”