Locarnus Addon 2026-09 DE, RU, FR & SPANISH translations

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

bondjamesbond
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3216
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:10 pm

Re: Locarnus Addon 2026-09 DE, RU, FR & SPANISH translations

Post by bondjamesbond »

Image
The transportation of a massive armored dome, which were installed on the tops of German anti‑aircraft towers during World War II
Image.
An armored column feeding 128mm anti-aircraft shells to paired 128mm anti-aircraft installations on top of an anti-aircraft turret =Flakturm=. built of concrete in Berlin. Vienna and Hamburg.
Image

Hi ! Will such towers be added to the purchase for prestige?After all, the Allies’ bomber aircraft are strong, while the German fighters are weak!
Image
https://mihalchuk-1974.livejournal.com/168281.html
https://realt.onliner.by/2018/10/25/flakturm
https://mynickname.com/id73473
Image
Locarnus
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther
Posts: 1004
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: Locarnus Addon 2026-09 DE, RU, FR & SPANISH translations

Post by Locarnus »

bondjamesbond wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 2:34 pm Hi ! Will such towers be added to the purchase for prestige?After all, the Allies’ bomber aircraft are strong, while the German fighters are weak!
I thought about those fixed installations but found them very hard to implement.
Those Flaktowers were built in major cities, but there they would block the train transports. Eg for shuffling those 1 movement Flak units around that are usually towed, but which do not have transports to be cheaper.
I guess that implementation issue is also a reason why I do not know of any graphic for them. Such a graphic would also require a custom animation file as well.
Which is a shame, because they would add quite a bit to the scenery.

Even the Pantherturm is not easy to work with, despite historically not being placed in cities.
I'm slowly making progress for the Pantherturm implementation, every few updates. :wink:
longer, alternative "PG" like Campaign new version 0.34 from 2011.08.02 (another bugfix & now in zip format)
Anderkav
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat May 15, 2021 1:08 pm
Location: Russia, Volgograd

Re: Locarnus Addon 2026-09 DE, RU, FR & SPANISH translations

Post by Anderkav »

Locarnus wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 6:40 pm
bondjamesbond wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 2:34 pm Hi ! Will such towers be added to the purchase for prestige?After all, the Allies’ bomber aircraft are strong, while the German fighters are weak!
I thought about those fixed installations but found them very hard to implement.
Those Flaktowers were built in major cities, but there they would block the train transports. Eg for shuffling those 1 movement Flak units around that are usually towed, but which do not have transports to be cheaper.
I guess that implementation issue is also a reason why I do not know of any graphic for them. Such a graphic would also require a custom animation file as well.
Which is a shame, because they would add quite a bit to the scenery.

Even the Pantherturm is not easy to work with, despite historically not being placed in cities.
I'm slowly making progress for the Pantherturm implementation, every few updates. :wink:
Hello again, Locarnus) It's terrible how fast time flies, but I'm glad that you continue to keep Panzer corps afloat!
I read the latest reports, as a variant of the T-35, you can give 1 unit of soft attack and 1 unit more protection in melee (still, it's not so easy to destroy it). Anyway, this machine is unlikely to be used by anyone.
Yesterday I downloaded your addon again, and saw the Soviet campaign in the menu (thanks – beautiful poster). I’ve completed the first two missions, and to be honest, they’re terrible (( (the developers were extremely sloppy in their approach to this DLC, in my opinion). Neither the maps, nor the briefings, nor the missions themselves stand up to scrutiny. I’d like to see a full‑scale reimagining (but no one will do it). PC modding has already advanced very far beyond the vanilla game.
But at the same time, with your updates, it’s probably worth giving it a chance. I liked your unit upgrade lines for the USSR — they look tempting (especially since there isn’t much content for the USSR in PC games).
If there’s a need to test something, I’m in.)
Also, I’d like to know whether your translation of the BE scenario, without your add‑on, will be suitable for online play. And is it worth playing with your add‑on online?
Locarnus
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther
Posts: 1004
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: Locarnus Addon 2026-09 DE, RU, FR & SPANISH translations

Post by Locarnus »

Anderkav wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 11:39 am Hello again, Locarnus) It's terrible how fast time flies, but I'm glad that you continue to keep Panzer corps afloat!
I read the latest reports, as a variant of the T-35, you can give 1 unit of soft attack and 1 unit more protection in melee (still, it's not so easy to destroy it). Anyway, this machine is unlikely to be used by anyone.
Yesterday I downloaded your addon again, and saw the Soviet campaign in the menu (thanks – beautiful poster). I’ve completed the first two missions, and to be honest, they’re terrible (( (the developers were extremely sloppy in their approach to this DLC, in my opinion). Neither the maps, nor the briefings, nor the missions themselves stand up to scrutiny. I’d like to see a full‑scale reimagining (but no one will do it). PC modding has already advanced very far beyond the vanilla game.
But at the same time, with your updates, it’s probably worth giving it a chance. I liked your unit upgrade lines for the USSR — they look tempting (especially since there isn’t much content for the USSR in PC games).
If there’s a need to test something, I’m in.)
Also, I’d like to know whether your translation of the BE scenario, without your add‑on, will be suitable for online play. And is it worth playing with your add‑on online?
Welcome back Anderkav!
:arrow: I will try out those T-35 changes in the next update, which will probably be released in the next few days.
Thank you, glad you liked it! Implementing that poster was quite a bit of work, I'm just not proficient graphics editing. :wink:

Yeah, unfortunately most of the DLCs seem to be rushed. I'm sure they would have turned out much better if the designer had more time.
Eg for the Africa Corps DLC I saw many indicators that a better version was in the works. I guess it got trimmed down due to not having enough time for balancing that better version.
I started modding the Africa Corps scenarios, but after working on the Caucasus and India maps I realized that it was just too time consuming. And then instead spent my modding time on slowly making the Grand Campaign compatible with my Addon mod.

While those unit upgrade lines are not historical, I hope that they make it a bit less costly to use more unit variety.
For me personally the recognizable unit variety is a big factor why USSR and western Allies are not played as much as the Axis. Extreme unit variety might be bad for actually winning a war, but it certainly makes a game more enticing. :)

Also playing the historically inferior force is often more interesting than playing the historical winner, especially when a rather weak game AI has to be compensated by enemy unit numbers. Similar to the USA in Hearts of Iron or Britain in Victoria or France in Europa Universalis. Which further shrinks the already tiny audience for Allied PzC campaigns. :wink:


:arrow: My Addon mod is unfortunately not compatible with Battlefield Europe multiplayer.
I had to sacrifice that compatibility in order to go as far as I did with the Addon mod. Too many changes to replicate and balance for multiplayer as well.

:arrow: My integrated translation is also only compatible with my Addon mod, since I changed so much in the Battlefield Europe scenario itself.

:arrow: But for multiplayer you could try out this quick translation I made for Battlefield Europe without my Addon mod.
Google translate often messes up formatting and pictures and so on, as well as terms that have different meanings in different contexts like player and AI "turn" instead of car turning or 0:0 "draw" instead of drawing with a pencil. But it is perhaps better than nothing (the much better deepl website only allows one file per month even when registered).

This RU translation in the zip file is incompatible with my Addon mod. It works only with BE 2.5.1 itself and has to overwrite the BE files. It translates the general strings, the multiplayer scenario as well as the Realistic+ scenario. I only quickly test loaded that Realistic+ scenario from the bottom right picture of the campaign screen. No briefings translated, just the scenario itself.
Battlefield Europe v2.5.1 RU 26-10.zip
(160.67 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
longer, alternative "PG" like Campaign new version 0.34 from 2011.08.02 (another bugfix & now in zip format)
Anderkav
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat May 15, 2021 1:08 pm
Location: Russia, Volgograd

Re: Locarnus Addon 2026-09 DE, RU, FR & SPANISH translations

Post by Anderkav »

Locarnus wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 6:12 pm
Welcome back Anderkav!
:arrow: I will try out those T-35 changes in the next update, which will probably be released in the next few days.
Thank you, glad you liked it! Implementing that poster was quite a bit of work, I'm just not proficient graphics editing. :wink:
Yeah, I also like it when there’s diversity in the military (though in the USSR, it was historically quite limited). Germany has too many strengths: its iconic blitzkrieg, brilliant victories in the early stages of the war, missions that are mostly offensive, and a ton of different vehicle variants. So it’s no surprise that the game is called *Panzer*.
As I mentioned before, I’ve made it to Mission 3, and here’s the first problem:
1. We’re given a squad of engineers (and in the vanilla game, you can also buy them). But in the USSR mod, you get them later, and the entire mission there consists of minefields, bunkers, and troops in trenches. You can’t get anywhere without them.
2. The army expands from 12 to 17 units (which is quite a lot overall), but I’m not sure if you can buy enough of them on normal difficulty to reach that total.
3. You can assign an STD unit to this mission (but then you’ll really have to add the STD unit type).
Thanks for sending the translation; at least I can double-check it and make corrections.)
Locarnus
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther
Posts: 1004
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: Locarnus Addon 2026-09 DE, RU, FR & SPANISH translations

Post by Locarnus »

Anderkav wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 7:10 pm Yeah, I also like it when there’s diversity in the military (though in the USSR, it was historically quite limited). Germany has too many strengths: its iconic blitzkrieg, brilliant victories in the early stages of the war, missions that are mostly offensive, and a ton of different vehicle variants. So it’s no surprise that the game is called *Panzer*.
As I mentioned before, I’ve made it to Mission 3, and here’s the first problem:
1. We’re given a squad of engineers (and in the vanilla game, you can also buy them). But in the USSR mod, you get them later, and the entire mission there consists of minefields, bunkers, and troops in trenches. You can’t get anywhere without them.
2. The army expands from 12 to 17 units (which is quite a lot overall), but I’m not sure if you can buy enough of them on normal difficulty to reach that total.
3. You can assign an STD unit to this mission (but then you’ll really have to add the STD unit type).
Thanks for sending the translation; at least I can double-check it and make corrections.)
Ah, yeah, that Finland map. :shock:
I think I was so focused on that flag compatibility issue that I forgot to implement the balancing changes.

Due to Battlefield Europe mod being older than Soviet Corps DLC, Finland has a different country code. And since it appeared impossible to search through all the Battlefield Europe events, I rather tried to change all the Finland references in the Soviet Corps DLC, including each unit and flag on the map... :roll:

1. I can make an engineer 1939 version available in the coming Addon update?
2. Hm, yeah, units tend to be more expensive with the Addon mod compared to unmodded PzC. Which makes the initial core development harder. Goose_2 had the same issue in Grand Campaign 1939. If I remember correctly there are some reinforcement halfway through the scenario.
But I could also gift 1-2 units, which would make them independent of the difficulty level. Arty could be very useful, or some unit which the player would not purchase due to limited upgrade potential?
3. Std bonus unit is a good idea. If I remember correctly the first random bonus unit can join in some 1941 scenario in Soviet Corps. Providing it for Winter War would avoid the randomness later. Unfortunately the Std bonus unit roster is at the moment very limited for Soviet side.

As far as I know, McGuba spoke of another update for Battlefield Europe itself. Which then could make this translation obsolete.
For the totally separate and incompatible Addon mod BE translations the corrections were a pain. Would not recommend taking the time to do so. :wink: And I just readded the missing images and fixed some of the city names and so on. Google translate seems to not like French and Russian when translating documents. Spanish and German had probably only half the number of issues. Anyway, those translation fixes will also come in the next update.
longer, alternative "PG" like Campaign new version 0.34 from 2011.08.02 (another bugfix & now in zip format)
bondjamesbond
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3216
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:10 pm

Re: Locarnus Addon 2026-09 DE, RU, FR & SPANISH translations

Post by bondjamesbond »

Locarnus wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 10:03 pm
Anderkav wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 7:10 pm Yeah, I also like it when there’s diversity in the military (though in the USSR, it was historically quite limited). Germany has too many strengths: its iconic blitzkrieg, brilliant victories in the early stages of the war, missions that are mostly offensive, and a ton of different vehicle variants. So it’s no surprise that the game is called *Panzer*.
As I mentioned before, I’ve made it to Mission 3, and here’s the first problem:
1. We’re given a squad of engineers (and in the vanilla game, you can also buy them). But in the USSR mod, you get them later, and the entire mission there consists of minefields, bunkers, and troops in trenches. You can’t get anywhere without them.
2. The army expands from 12 to 17 units (which is quite a lot overall), but I’m not sure if you can buy enough of them on normal difficulty to reach that total.
3. You can assign an STD unit to this mission (but then you’ll really have to add the STD unit type).
Thanks for sending the translation; at least I can double-check it and make corrections.)
Ah, yeah, that Finland map. :shock:
I think I was so focused on that flag compatibility issue that I forgot to implement the balancing changes.

Due to Battlefield Europe mod being older than Soviet Corps DLC, Finland has a different country code. And since it appeared impossible to search through all the Battlefield Europe events, I rather tried to change all the Finland references in the Soviet Corps DLC, including each unit and flag on the map... :roll:

1. I can make an engineer 1939 version available in the coming Addon update?
2. Hm, yeah, units tend to be more expensive with the Addon mod compared to unmodded PzC. Which makes the initial core development harder. Goose_2 had the same issue in Grand Campaign 1939. If I remember correctly there are some reinforcement halfway through the scenario.
But I could also gift 1-2 units, which would make them independent of the difficulty level. Arty could be very useful, or some unit which the player would not purchase due to limited upgrade potential?
3. Std bonus unit is a good idea. If I remember correctly the first random bonus unit can join in some 1941 scenario in Soviet Corps. Providing it for Winter War would avoid the randomness later. Unfortunately the Std bonus unit roster is at the moment very limited for Soviet side.

In Finland, you can issue T-100 and SMK tanks to the Soviet corps; these can later be replaced with KV tanks.
https://bronetehnika.narod.ru/t100/t100.html
https://www.bronetehnika.narod.ru/smk/smk.html
Well, the T-28 E would be the most accurate :wink:
https://bronetehnika.narod.ru/t29/t29.html
https://mynickname.com/id73473
Image
Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”