New Projekt: Phcas & AKRebels "PAK"-Mod - RELEASE v3.40

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

BeADriver
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2025 9:29 am

Re: New Projekt: Phcas & AKRebels "PAK"-Mod - RELEASE v3.40

Post by BeADriver »

AssaultX wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2026 7:46 am Hi!
When I was playing this mod, I found sad, that I cannot see generic portraits and names of heroes in my units. In file heroes.pzdat I discovered that some lineskips were missing. That caused troubles for Panzer Corps to find in register names, surnames and portraits.
I fixed this in the submod "PAK-MOD_HEROES_FIX".
Image

You can apply it in GME.
Image

Alternatively you can just patch PAK-MOD by draging fixed files in "Data" folder.
Image

Extra Feature:
This submod also adds heroes and awards to Waffen-SS units (they now share the same resources as the standard Germany faction).

A quick note:
I created and shared this submod because I couldn't find a similar fix anywhere on the forum. If another modder has already created something like this before, please let me know and drop a link to their work! I definitely don't want to steal anyone's thunder or take credit for a known fix — I just wanted to share this in case it helps others.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FdCizW ... sp=sharing
I haven't tried your fix for Waffen-SS units yet, but for Wehrmacht formations, it completely eliminated the problem of the game only throwing out "empty" values (usually a number) for the hero names, so thank you.

Unfortunately, portraits are still missing in some cases, though save scumming (I'm able to do that by altering the Hero Kills values in the gamerules files) works as a workaround.
AssaultX
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2025 1:05 pm

Re: New Projekt: Phcas & AKRebels "PAK"-Mod - RELEASE v3.40

Post by AssaultX »

Yes. Sometimes it happens due to the fact, that heroes.pzdat have in register an image of hero, but it doesn't exist in UI/heroes folder. I will try to copy some already existing portraits and give them names of missing files. I hope it will work and won't kill bad save files.
Image
AssaultX
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2025 1:05 pm

Re: New Projekt: Phcas & AKRebels "PAK"-Mod - RELEASE v3.40

Post by AssaultX »

I found problem. The issue was that in heroes.pzdat portraits "random_heroN.png" were named as "random_heroN" (sorry - my problem. I should have investigated this earlier). I updated the mod with this patch. Unfortunetely, if you have already started playing with "empty_portraits", it won`t fix it, but new games will work as intended.
Image
BeADriver
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2025 9:29 am

Re: New Projekt: Phcas & AKRebels "PAK"-Mod - RELEASE v3.40

Post by BeADriver »

Thanks a lot. The game now correctly assigns each hero a portrait without any hiccups. I fired up an Allied Corps campaign and I can confirm that it works for the UK as well.
FGODIN
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:05 am

Re: New Projekt: Phcas & AKRebels "PAK"-Mod - RELEASE v3.40

Post by FGODIN »

After a bit of a break, I’ve started playing Panzer Corps with the PaK Mod again. I want to thank you for the incredible work you’ve put into it—the level of detail is outstanding. I’m currently playing your 1939–1945 campaign; I’ve already completed Fall Weiss, Weser, Fall Gelb, and the Balkans. You really designed it with a love for detail—hats off to you. I’m currently on Turn 7 of Operation Barbarossa and just wanted to share this feedback with you as a player :)
KornelPL
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:05 am

Re: New Projekt: Phcas & AKRebels "PAK"-Mod - RELEASE v3.40

Post by KornelPL »

Hi there all,

I have installed this mod and I have just one question - why all of the soviet vehicles (especially late stage of war) they have such poor AT stats - best example? There you go - SU-100 has 17 points (100 mm D-10 gun) and M36 Jackson has 25 points! This is insane! Mods of those 2 guns where main armament of next gen MBTs like M46, M47, M48 and T-54 and T-55 and where almost the same with slight advantage of D-10 (bigger caliber, longer barrel) - same situation we have with other soviet vehicles armed with 85 or 122 mm guns - why ?
Vintage
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:31 pm

Re: New Projekt: Phcas & AKRebels "PAK"-Mod - RELEASE v3.40

Post by Vintage »

KornelPL wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2026 2:58 pm Hi there all,

I have installed this mod and I have just one question - why all of the soviet vehicles (especially late stage of war) they have such poor AT stats - best example? There you go - SU-100 has 17 points (100 mm D-10 gun) and M36 Jackson has 25 points! This is insane! Mods of those 2 guns where main armament of next gen MBTs like M46, M47, M48 and T-54 and T-55 and where almost the same with slight advantage of D-10 (bigger caliber, longer barrel) - same situation we have with other soviet vehicles armed with 85 or 122 mm guns - why ?
This almost always happens in case of personal political views influence. Simply check the equipment file from my mod and compare it with any other one. I did my best to keep historical accuracy track, so such nonsense is not present there.
Attachments
equipment.zip
(58.85 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
bondjamesbond
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3211
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:10 pm

Re: New Projekt: Phcas & AKRebels "PAK"-Mod - RELEASE v3.40

Post by bondjamesbond »

Vintage wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2026 2:16 pm
KornelPL wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2026 2:58 pm Hi there all,

I have installed this mod and I have just one question - why all of the soviet vehicles (especially late stage of war) they have such poor AT stats - best example? There you go - SU-100 has 17 points (100 mm D-10 gun) and M36 Jackson has 25 points! This is insane! Mods of those 2 guns where main armament of next gen MBTs like M46, M47, M48 and T-54 and T-55 and where almost the same with slight advantage of D-10 (bigger caliber, longer barrel) - same situation we have with other soviet vehicles armed with 85 or 122 mm guns - why ?
This almost always happens in case of personal political views influence. Simply check the equipment file from my mod and compare it with any other one. I did my best to keep historical accuracy track, so such nonsense is not present there.
:lol: Underestimating the technical capabilities of Soviet equipment and weaponry is a long-standing tradition in all turn-based wargames! I suppose it makes it less daunting for the bourgeoisie to fight the spectre of communism )))
https://wio.ru/strat/stratrus.htm
https://wio.ru/strat/kmhpg.htm
https://mynickname.com/id73473
Image
Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”