Search found 699 matches

by JimmyC
Thu Sep 10, 2026 7:33 am
Forum: Panzer Corps : Scenario Design
Topic: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1
Replies: 4270
Views: 2065259

Re: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1

I forgot to mention that during Sealion the British home fleet sends its capital ships/destroyers somewhat piecemeal (they don't come all at once). This makes them more manageable and i targeted the capital ships with strat bombers and u-boats, whilst enemy destroyers were targeted by my capital ...
by JimmyC
Thu Sep 10, 2026 5:59 am
Forum: Panzer Corps : Scenario Design
Topic: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1
Replies: 4270
Views: 2065259

Re: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1

Hi all. Sorry for the slow replies as i have been awol for a time.

What turn did you land in the UK?

I positioned my troops on turn 16 and landed on turn 17. I have included 2 screenshots - 1 from end of turn 16 and the other from end of turn 18.


Hi JimmyC,

I'm happy to hear, you could use ...
by JimmyC
Mon Aug 31, 2026 3:32 am
Forum: Panzer Corps : Scenario Design
Topic: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1
Replies: 4270
Views: 2065259

General Random Dice - 2nd playthrough

I am doing another playthrough of 2.5 and this time did Sealion. I mostly followed Uhu's advice that he posted in another thread for Sealion.

I'm at turn 50 now and progress is as follows:
* I have almost captured all major cities in the UK, with just Edinburgh left.
* Ive punched a hole through ...
by JimmyC
Thu Aug 13, 2026 7:05 am
Forum: Panzer Corps : Scenario Design
Topic: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1
Replies: 4270
Views: 2065259

My thoughts

I played on General full random dice and got a victory, defeating the Soviet Union. Basically things went mostly to plan. Highlights were:
The Atlantic convoy system worked better this time. More incentive to send the subs this way and either hunt down convoys or sit statically on the routes to get ...
by JimmyC
Thu Aug 13, 2026 6:51 am
Forum: Panzer Corps : Scenario Design
Topic: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1
Replies: 4270
Views: 2065259

Re: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1

In the Spring/Summer of '45 we managed to hold the Allies back making use of the natural defensive positions of the Loire and Seine rivers. Whilst the enemy had air supremacy in this theatre, the Luftwaffe held air supremacy over Germany and destroyed all enemy air forces entering this area.

Below ...
by JimmyC
Thu Aug 13, 2026 4:51 am
Forum: Panzer Corps : Scenario Design
Topic: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1
Replies: 4270
Views: 2065259

Re: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1

Finally in March of 1945 the last Soviet counterattacks are defeated and Stalin's bunker is captured, leading to the capitulation of Russia. We are now free to transfer our forces (specifically our armour and Luftwaffe) to the Western Front where they are needed.

2 months later, the Commonwealth ...
by JimmyC
Thu Jul 30, 2026 4:23 am
Forum: Panzer Corps : Scenario Design
Topic: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1
Replies: 4270
Views: 2065259

Feb '45

On the Western Front, we have mostly pushed the Allied forces back across the Seine, however they have taken advantage of the Loire River freezing and look like capturing Nantes. We sacrificed space for time and abandoned Le Mans after our hitherto dominant Tiger tank battalion was severely bloodied ...
by JimmyC
Thu Jul 30, 2026 4:22 am
Forum: Panzer Corps : Scenario Design
Topic: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1
Replies: 4270
Views: 2065259

Feb '45

High command underestimated the resistance of the Russian forces and their ability to mass armour and stage significant counterattacks. Relocating the majority of our forces to the western front, the remaining forces in the East were grouped into spearheads to attack the last remaining objectives ...
by JimmyC
Mon Jul 27, 2026 4:33 am
Forum: Panzer Corps : Scenario Design
Topic: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1
Replies: 4270
Views: 2065259

Re: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1


How many fighters do you have in 1944?
How did the air war and your fighter numbers progress, did you convert strats to fighters?


I have been exceptionally careful with my fighters throughout the war. All the minor Axis nation fighters are transferred to the Eastern Front, whilst the ...
by JimmyC
Fri Jul 17, 2026 9:37 pm
Forum: Panzer Corps : Scenario Design
Topic: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1
Replies: 4270
Views: 2065259

Re: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1

It is the summer of 1944 and our forces have reached the Volga, where the Russians have their final line of defences. The Luftwaffe cause significant damage to the massed Russian formations, however there are limited crossing points and a substantial portion of our forces have been transferred to ...
by JimmyC
Thu Jul 02, 2026 10:27 am
Forum: Panzer Corps : Scenario Design
Topic: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1
Replies: 4270
Views: 2065259

Re: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1


Plans for the next phase of operations:

1., Holding Moscow
...and not aiming to capture the Volga - Oka river region as in the winter I would have anyway to pull back to better defensible positions

2., Focusing all my main resources in the Northeast to take Leningrad
This would free up the Finns ...
by JimmyC
Thu Jul 02, 2026 10:21 am
Forum: Panzer Corps : Scenario Design
Topic: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1
Replies: 4270
Views: 2065259

Re: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1



The harsher penalties make it more important to defend the Reich from bombing raids.

With 4 squadrons of Fw's, 2 squadrons of JU88G bomber destroyers and a squadron of Bf110G bomber destroyers, I thought i had enough defenses. How wrong i was...




Oh wow, what turn is this?


I cant ...
by JimmyC
Thu Jul 02, 2026 10:20 am
Forum: Panzer Corps : Scenario Design
Topic: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1
Replies: 4270
Views: 2065259

Re: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1


I noticed another oddity.
Despite receiving a message stating that the western ports on the French coast would be turned into fortresses, this didn’t happen.
I don’t know what the reason is.

But I recalled that on several occasions (I think three) at the start of the Axis turn, I received an ...
by JimmyC
Tue Jun 30, 2026 5:37 am
Forum: Panzer Corps : Scenario Design
Topic: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1
Replies: 4270
Views: 2065259

Re: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1

The harsher penalties make it more important to defend the Reich from bombing raids.

With 4 squadrons of Fw's, 2 squadrons of JU88G bomber destroyers and a squadron of Bf110G bomber destroyers, I thought i had enough defenses. How wrong i was...

Image
by JimmyC
Fri Jun 26, 2026 10:15 am
Forum: Panzer Corps : Scenario Design
Topic: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1
Replies: 4270
Views: 2065259

Re: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1


Hi, may somebody explain please what are the reasons for selecting quantity of 5 and particular units as core? I mean why not 10 for example and no infantry/artillery present in core roster? From opposite PoV will it make much difference if simply mark all units as auxiliary (no core ones)?

I ...
by JimmyC
Thu Jun 25, 2026 12:26 am
Forum: Panzer Corps : Scenario Design
Topic: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1
Replies: 4270
Views: 2065259

Re: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1



I am interested to know how you only allowed a few weakened units to land in Sicily. Did you line the coast with cheap units and just absorb the damage or heavily stack naval and air forces to defend Husky?


It is usually a combined sea, air and land operation.
I expected the coastline to come ...
by JimmyC
Sun Jun 21, 2026 6:15 am
Forum: Panzer Corps : Scenario Design
Topic: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1
Replies: 4270
Views: 2065259

Re: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1


(My version)
Turn 58.

Leningrad has been captured.
Stalingrad too.
After a long wait, there has been a small advance near Moscow.

British forces have been sent to defend Baku, fortunately without air support.
Now we’ll have to deal with them first.
But we’ve also suffered some losses.

In the ...
by JimmyC
Fri Jun 12, 2026 12:52 am
Forum: Panzer Corps : Scenario Design
Topic: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1
Replies: 4270
Views: 2065259

December 1943

On the Eastern Front our forces have crossed the Don after heavy fighting and with the river now freezing we are able to bring further reinforcements in a push towards Stalin's bunker at Kuybyshev. The enemy are still able to throw heavy tank forces at us, so the pace has slowed and fuel shortages ...
by JimmyC
Mon Jun 08, 2026 1:57 am
Forum: Panzer Corps : Scenario Design
Topic: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1
Replies: 4270
Views: 2065259

Re: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1

I like that the river boat can now refuel at all cities on rivers. I usually put it in the Pripet Marshes to find/chase partisans, so it can now operate there quite freely without having to worry about running out of fuel.

It was also cool seeing how the train tracks were built turn by turn in ...
by JimmyC
Sat Jun 06, 2026 12:33 pm
Forum: Panzer Corps : Scenario Design
Topic: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.5.1
Replies: 4270
Views: 2065259

Turn 48

We have seen through the winter of '42/43 with great success, having beaten back the Russian drive on Kursk. We caused devasting casualties to the Russians whilst preserving our forces and captured a large number of prisoners. However, this success came at a cost. By drawing in our reserves to Kursk ...

Go to advanced search