Search found 473 matches

by rubyjuno
Thu Oct 01, 2026 6:34 am
Forum: Panzer Corps
Topic: Afrika Korps question.
Replies: 21
Views: 2847

Re: Afrika Korps question.

Well done, not far from the end now!
by rubyjuno
Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:40 am
Forum: Panzer Corps
Topic: What's Your Record for Replays of Enemy Turn
Replies: 1
Views: 133

Re: What's Your Record for Replays of Enemy Turn

I changed to dice chess pretty soon after starting playing Panzer Corps many years ago after one too many ridiculous results. I know war is ridiculous but Panzer Corps is a game and I wanted something a bit more predictable.
by rubyjuno
Sun Sep 27, 2026 7:04 am
Forum: Panzer Corps
Topic: Afrika Korps question.
Replies: 21
Views: 2847

Re: Afrika Korps question.

Wow! I play dice chess and check the combat prediction, or if not possible in the case of enemy attacks I estimate potential losses during their turn, so I've usually got a decent idea of what damage I might take. There is still room for the odd nasty surprise though!
by rubyjuno
Sun Sep 13, 2026 6:21 am
Forum: Panzer Corps
Topic: Afrika Korps question.
Replies: 21
Views: 2847

Re: Afrika Korps question.


Unfortunately, I've had to abandon the campaign.


That's a shame. Afrika Korps is probably my favourite DLC, and the first I played after the core campaign that comes with the game. I played it first on Colonel as I was just learning, and enjoyed it so much that I played it again on Field ...
by rubyjuno
Mon Sep 07, 2026 6:33 am
Forum: Panzer Corps
Topic: Afrika Korps question.
Replies: 21
Views: 2847

Re: Afrika Korps question.

Well, I can't offer a great deal of help as it's many years since I played AK. But I used to write a short note against each scenario when I played it, and against Gazala I wrote, "Best scenario (in AK) so far, strategy needed thought, lost on first attempt." So I also lost at first and had to ...
by rubyjuno
Sat Sep 05, 2026 6:40 am
Forum: Panzer Corps : Scenario Design
Topic: PzC Toolkit v2.0.5.1 - Classic General v0.10.30 (05/10/26)
Replies: 230
Views: 17198

Re: Panzer Corps Toolkit v2.0.5.1 (22/08/26)

nikivdd wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2026 8:24 am Classic General – Game Mechanics, AI, Features and Extras
Wow! Thanks for the detailed information about Classic General. Fascinating AND exciting!
by rubyjuno
Fri Jun 26, 2026 6:05 am
Forum: Panzer Corps : Scenario Design
Topic: UW2 - United States Armed Forces at Word War 2
Replies: 107
Views: 61893

Re: UW2 - United States Armed Forces at Word War 2

Fascinating, as always, to see and read about your work in progress with these historical battles!
by rubyjuno
Sat Jun 20, 2026 6:47 am
Forum: Panzer Corps
Topic: Little used units.
Replies: 1
Views: 1251

Re: Little used units.

There are a few I rarely use, but one category I don't use is fixed AT/AA, with the (obvious!) exception of the 8.8cm. I'm not very adventurous, so I tend to stick with favourites in each category, upgrading if and when it makes sense.
by rubyjuno
Mon Jun 01, 2026 6:39 am
Forum: Panzer Corps
Topic: Afrika Korps question.
Replies: 21
Views: 2847

Re: Afrika Korps question.

Good question, I'd forgotten about that. It's probably 10 years since I last played AK so I can't remember to be sure. Hopefully someone else can help on this one.
by rubyjuno
Wed May 20, 2026 6:43 am
Forum: Panzer Corps
Topic: Need help with New DLC Allied Operations crash problem
Replies: 2
Views: 1438

Re: Need help with New DLC Allied Operations crash problem

Wrong forum! This is for Panzer Corps, NOT Panzer Corps 2.
by rubyjuno
Tue May 19, 2026 6:43 am
Forum: Panzer Corps
Topic: Versions.
Replies: 1
Views: 1506

Re: Versions.

v1.31 contains at least 1 fix so should be considered essential, whereas v1.32 is required by some mods but is not essential otherwise. It should say on the page for the mod if v1.32 is required.
by rubyjuno
Thu May 14, 2026 6:23 am
Forum: Panzer Corps
Topic: Afrika Korps question.
Replies: 21
Views: 2847

Re: Afrika Korps question.

I thought it might have... in that case, more Pionieres would definitely be helpful, even new ones if you don't want to convert your Grenadiers. I really enjoyed AK, good variety.
by rubyjuno
Tue May 12, 2026 6:45 am
Forum: Panzer Corps
Topic: Afrika Korps question.
Replies: 21
Views: 2847

Re: Afrika Korps question.

Regardless of the theatre of war, I always have both Grenadiers and Pionieres, a few Pionieres for mines or when a city needs to be taken quickly, and Grenadiers as they're generally the best infantry. Of course, a move hero is always handy to help with the lower move. Not really an answer to your ...
by rubyjuno
Wed Apr 29, 2026 6:44 am
Forum: Panzer Corps : Scenario Design
Topic: DAW - Der andere Weg - The other way
Replies: 287
Views: 293862

Re: DAW - Der andere Weg - The other way

Sonja89_1 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2026 7:51 pm This brings the final mission in Africa to a close.
Well done, and thanks for sharing.
by rubyjuno
Wed Apr 29, 2026 6:42 am
Forum: Panzer Corps : Scenario Design
Topic: UW2 - United States Armed Forces at Word War 2
Replies: 107
Views: 61893

Re: UW2 - United States Armed Forces at Word War 2

You clearly have excellent knowledge of the scenarios you create, and the work you put in to bring us these incredible campaigns is very much appreciated.
by rubyjuno
Tue Apr 14, 2026 6:26 am
Forum: Panzer Corps : Scenario Design
Topic: PzC Series - Campagna d'Abissinia - Avanti per la Vittoria (24-28/06/26)
Replies: 884
Views: 164723

Re: PzC Series - Operation Charlemagne v0.3 (19/03/26)

nikivdd wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2026 6:14 pm
I also started looking into something that might materialise as a full campaign.
:D
by rubyjuno
Thu Apr 02, 2026 6:34 am
Forum: Panzer Corps : Scenario Design
Topic: Panzer General original campaign for PzC (v1.1)(07/01/17)
Replies: 183
Views: 136436

Re: Panzer General original campaign for PzC (v1.1)(07/01/17)

Here's what I did (a long time ago, but it hasn't changed):

Unzip the rar file into the folder \Documents\My Games\Panzer Corps\mods .
You should have a folder called: PG campaign for PzC, containing folders Audio, Data and some files.
Start the game, chose new game, chose the classified folder ...
by rubyjuno
Sun Feb 01, 2026 8:08 am
Forum: Panzer Corps
Topic: Need help with Lake Balaton at General difficulty
Replies: 2
Views: 5010

Re: Need help with Lake Balaton at General difficulty


Can you offer advice on how to beat this one? I'll be happy with a MV.


It's a few years since I played the standard campaign, but I do remember that the turn limit in Lake Balaton makes it tough to get a DV. I lost this more than once before beating it. My notes say that I needed King Tigers ...
by rubyjuno
Fri Jan 23, 2026 8:04 am
Forum: Panzer Corps
Topic: Why do you still stick with the OG Panzer Corps?
Replies: 182
Views: 173617

Re: Why do you still stick with the OG Panzer Corps?

Indeed, Panzer Corps has excellent and varied map design. Add to that the scenario designer which, thanks to the hard work and imagination of the mod designers, offers many more campaigns and scenarios with designs that are surely beyond what Slitherine originally expected, and you have a game with ...
by rubyjuno
Thu Jan 22, 2026 7:48 am
Forum: Panzer Corps
Topic: Why do you still stick with the OG Panzer Corps?
Replies: 182
Views: 173617

Re: Why do you still stick with the OG Panzer Corps?


Yeah, by now I download and have no physical box anymore.

But with 3D graphics. Let me add a thought about that, not sure if having visually way superior 3d models of the planes actually adds that much to a turn based strategy.

Edit: Sorry, I am starting to go off topic...


I rarely buy ...

Go to advanced search