Page 1 of 1

classes.txt stats?

Posted: Sun May 10, 2026 5:27 pm
by FrancoisPhilidor
Hi guys, could someone tell me what each of the numbers under "stats" stands for? Many thanks



[CARRIER]
id = 13
category = naval
stats = 6, 7, 12, 3, 2, 10, 11, 4, 15, 14
group = carrier
supportAA
airCarrier
spotter
radar
slowRepair

Re: classes.txt stats?

Posted: Sun May 24, 2026 5:51 am
by terminator
Do you notice that the stats are exactly the same for the other ships?

Classes.txt.jpg
Classes.txt.jpg (90.16 KiB) Viewed 4403 times

Re: classes.txt stats?

Posted: Sun May 24, 2026 8:35 am
by FrancoisPhilidor
terminator wrote: Sun May 24, 2026 5:51 am Do you notice that the stats are exactly the same for the other ships?


Classes.txt.jpg
Yes thanks.
But I can't figure out what they actually mean :-D

Re: classes.txt stats?

Posted: Sun May 24, 2026 4:35 pm
by GabeKnight
FrancoisPhilidor wrote: Sun May 10, 2026 5:27 pm Hi guys, could someone tell me what each of the numbers under "stats" stands for? Many thanks
It's the actual "stats" of units and how they will be displayed in the bottom UI.

Ships have stats like "naval small/large attack/defense", ground troops "infantry/vehicle attack/defense" and air units "air small/large attack/defense".

I'm not sure it works with mods, though. I think I tried to add stats like "torpedo attack" to subs and planes with switchable layout, but not sure how it turned out. It's not implemented in my mod - so I guess I failed.

Re: classes.txt stats?

Posted: Mon May 25, 2026 7:27 am
by terminator
GabeKnight wrote: Sun May 24, 2026 4:35 pm
FrancoisPhilidor wrote: Sun May 10, 2026 5:27 pm Hi guys, could someone tell me what each of the numbers under "stats" stands for? Many thanks
It's the actual "stats" of units and how they will be displayed in the bottom UI.

Ships have stats like "naval small/large attack/defense", ground troops "infantry/vehicle attack/defense" and air units "air small/large attack/defense".

I'm not sure it works with mods, though. I think I tried to add stats like "torpedo attack" to subs and planes with switchable layout, but not sure how it turned out. It's not implemented in my mod - so I guess I failed.
It’s been a long time since you last gave any sign of life, exactly one year :shock:

Re: classes.txt stats?

Posted: Sun May 31, 2026 8:11 am
by FrancoisPhilidor
GabeKnight wrote: Sun May 24, 2026 4:35 pm
FrancoisPhilidor wrote: Sun May 10, 2026 5:27 pm Hi guys, could someone tell me what each of the numbers under "stats" stands for? Many thanks
It's the actual "stats" of units and how they will be displayed in the bottom UI.

Ships have stats like "naval small/large attack/defense", ground troops "infantry/vehicle attack/defense" and air units "air small/large attack/defense".

I'm not sure it works with mods, though. I think I tried to add stats like "torpedo attack" to subs and planes with switchable layout, but not sure how it turned out. It's not implemented in my mod - so I guess I failed.
but these are classes. not individual units. Are you sure those numbers are those large ship/small ship etc stats? Because why would whole classes have those?

Re: classes.txt stats?

Posted: Sun May 31, 2026 8:06 pm
by terminator
FrancoisPhilidor wrote: Sun May 31, 2026 8:11 am but these are classes. not individual units. Are you sure those numbers are those large ship/small ship etc stats? Because why would whole classes have those?
I assume that this is the order in which the types of variables are displayed, not the values of the variables

Re: classes.txt stats?

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2026 7:05 pm
by FrancoisPhilidor
terminator wrote: Sun May 31, 2026 8:06 pm
FrancoisPhilidor wrote: Sun May 31, 2026 8:11 am but these are classes. not individual units. Are you sure those numbers are those large ship/small ship etc stats? Because why would whole classes have those?
I assume that this is the order in which the types of variables are displayed, not the values of the variables
ah that makes sense, thanks!

Re: classes.txt stats?

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2026 3:10 am
by GabeKnight
I'm not sure if they are the icons for the full or the "summerized stats" options. Actually I'm not sure if I'm right about my answer at all... :?
terminator wrote: Mon May 25, 2026 7:27 am It’s been a long time since you last gave any sign of life, exactly one year :shock:
Really? Oh well... I remember that at some point I got angry at Slitherine/Artistocrats about something and decided to boycott this forum. Since then I'm on "Steam".

Honesty, by now, I don't know what it was all about anymore... :roll:

Re: classes.txt stats?

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 4:05 pm
by GabeKnight
A friendly warning: Don't mess with this. I've tried and broken the stat display....
I don't know how it's supposed to work. But the numbers refer to this:

(I guess anybody can see the pattern...)

Re: classes.txt stats?

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 5:51 am
by GabeKnight
For a long time, I wanted some way to see the "torpedo" attack stats of units. That's why I started to tinker with this whole mechanic. But whatever I tried, there was no way to change how the values were displaye or even to change/mod the stat icons.

So my solution in my mod was to use the (unused) "bombard" stat (#5) to show the torpedo stats of naval units and torpedo-bombers. Works very well so far. I haven’t noticed any strange effects on the units’ behaviour.

Screenshot 12.jpg
Screenshot 12.jpg (238.59 KiB) Viewed 301 times