Page 1 of 1

camp/scen help

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2026 12:47 pm
by ME262
I want to build some scenarios with damaged buildings and shell holes, is there an folder I can access to achieve this?
I also would like to give some units before deployment higher achievements status.
Can I rename a unit?
could you post a screen shot of which lines in the folder to adjust?

thanks for any help.

Re: camp/scen help

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2026 4:17 pm
by pipfromslitherine
The 'O' (ohhh) key toggles the damage state for buildings.

You set the pre-defined ach state for units by hitting 0/1/2/3 while hovering over the unit.

To rename things, you need to generate your own text file and override the strings. Copy one of the files from DATA/TEXT into your campaign folder and empty it (or use any of the text<N>.txt files that the game might create), and find the (e.g.) IDS_UNITNAME<N> entry you want to replace in the original files (or read the value from the unitdata file) - notepad++'s find in files works well for this. Put your replacement in the campaign text file in the same format.

Cheers

Pip

Re: camp/scen help

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2026 7:45 pm
by ME262
Hey Pip, thank you for your reply! After all these years this game still rocks on! Ever hopeful for a new series (or an updated editor) CHEERS :)