Page 1 of 1
Multiplayer crash
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2026 5:57 pm
by caesar67
I can not load opponent moves in an existing multiplayer game since Wednesday. Game crashes immediately. I thought it was a problem with my computer. But now I tried from another laptop and it doesn't work as well.
Is there a problem with the game server known??
Re: Multiplayer crash
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 12:53 pm
by caesar67
Update: crash fixed. Windows update KB 5124010 from 23.09. deinstalled. With this update I can not run the game.
Re: Multiplayer crash
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 2:03 am
by bones65
KB5124010 "is required by your computer and cannot be uninstalled," i have tried many ways including command prompt ... is anyone else finding they can't access multiplayer?
Re: Multiplayer crash
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 9:29 am
by caesar67
bones65 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 2:03 am
KB5124010 "is required by your computer and cannot be uninstalled," i have tried many ways including command prompt ... is anyone else finding they can't access multiplayer?
I have deleted it easily in ,windows update'.
Re: Multiplayer crash
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 11:53 pm
by bones65
caesar67 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 9:29 am
bones65 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 2:03 am
KB5124010 "is required by your computer and cannot be uninstalled," i have tried many ways including command prompt ... is anyone else finding they can't access multiplayer?
I have deleted it easily in ,windows update'.
well done you! .. however my updates don't give me that option. in fact my updates give me the date this experimental update was added, and when i try to remove it, it says it cannot be removed as it's essential for the computer
Re: Multiplayer crash
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 5:58 am
by caesar67
Look the other thread. Perhaps you have to operate as admin to remove!? This special update is optional, not necessary!
Re: Multiplayer crash
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 12:18 am
by bones65
I've run as admin now, and i think it's been removed, i've also uninstalled all of the latest updates from windows, and still no joy, so i've sent crash report to support... hopefully they'll come up with something .. it's got a series of errors but worse one is c0000602 .. but thank you for your help caesar.
Re: Multiplayer crash
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 8:05 am
by caesar67
That is not good for you, sorry! For me it works with only removing KB 5124010. Perhaps you could try install all updates and then remove only KB 5124010 !!
Re: Multiplayer crash
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 1:13 pm
by caesar67
bones65 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 12:18 am
I've run as admin now, and i think it's been removed, i've also uninstalled all of the latest updates from windows, and still no joy, so i've sent crash report to support... hopefully they'll come up with something .. it's got a series of errors but worse one is c0000602 .. but thank you for your help caesar.
Ps: I will check for myself, if I can change completly from Win11 to mint22 (Linux).
