Angevin Campaign Stage 3 on difficulty 4 - feels impossible?
Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2026 12:42 pm
Greetings lads and gals!
I normally play campaigns on difficulty 4, as it gives a good challenge while still carrying a real risk of losing. The AI can sometimes feel like a “zerg rush”, fielding up to twice as many units, but in campaigns such as Northern Crusades, superior troops and human tactics usually make it manageable.
Stage 3/8 of the Angevin campaign has finally broken me.
Stage 1 went badly after two unlucky breakthroughs led to a rear charge, leaving me with around 25% losses instead of the expected 10%. Stage 2 then was very difficult, but I eventually won with another 25% losses.
Stage 3 is a siege against roughly three times as much infantry and twice as many knights of comparable quality. In another player’s YouTube playthrough I checked for reference, they had five mounted and six dismounted knights + other infantry. Meanwhile here I have six spearmen (2 raw...), four knights and about 95 points, enough for only one more knight.
Have my earlier losses simply made this stage unwinnable? I have never seen losses snowball this badly in other FoG2 campaigns.
I normally play campaigns on difficulty 4, as it gives a good challenge while still carrying a real risk of losing. The AI can sometimes feel like a “zerg rush”, fielding up to twice as many units, but in campaigns such as Northern Crusades, superior troops and human tactics usually make it manageable.
Stage 3/8 of the Angevin campaign has finally broken me.
Stage 1 went badly after two unlucky breakthroughs led to a rear charge, leaving me with around 25% losses instead of the expected 10%. Stage 2 then was very difficult, but I eventually won with another 25% losses.
Stage 3 is a siege against roughly three times as much infantry and twice as many knights of comparable quality. In another player’s YouTube playthrough I checked for reference, they had five mounted and six dismounted knights + other infantry. Meanwhile here I have six spearmen (2 raw...), four knights and about 95 points, enough for only one more knight.
Have my earlier losses simply made this stage unwinnable? I have never seen losses snowball this badly in other FoG2 campaigns.