Page 1 of 1

Rampant plagues/sickness

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2026 3:02 pm
by perris0707
Is there some way that I can reduce the probability of plagues in my games? I only play solo, and I almost always play as the Eastern Roman Empire. I have really been enjoying the new later start game, and I am playing as the Nicaean Empire. No matter what I do I have rampant plagues constantly. I have built every health option available, built rat catchers wherever possible, and still I get plague after plague. Does anyone know of a file that I can tweak to reduce this plague occurrence? I should mention that this occurs almost immediately in the game (early 13th cent) and not during the classic Black Death era in the 14th Century. Also, when I play as the Empire of Trebizond I get almost no sickness at all. Is plague targeted toward certain factions/areas of the map?

Re: Rampant plagues/sickness

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2026 2:50 am
by perris0707
So I started a new campaign as Nicaea. I built every health building that I could get, saved up Fight the Plague decisions, and I thought that maybe I could beat the illness bug. Nope. After I played BOTH Fight the Plague decisions that I had, I got plagues all over my territories. I spend more time fighting illness than I do the Turks, Latin Empire, and Bulgars. Back to Medieval 2 Total War or Crusader Kings 3, I'm done with this mess.

Re: Rampant plagues/sickness

Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2026 5:45 pm
by Surt
perris0707 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2026 2:50 am So I started a new campaign as Nicaea. I built every health building that I could get, saved up Fight the Plague decisions, and I thought that maybe I could beat the illness bug. Nope. After I played BOTH Fight the Plague decisions that I had, I got plagues all over my territories. I spend more time fighting illness than I do the Turks, Latin Empire, and Bulgars. Back to Medieval 2 Total War or Crusader Kings 3, I'm done with this mess.
You max health out at 65% but you can further decrease plaque by building a few more 10% (plague reduction is maxed out at 75% including health) or build the new plaque reduction buildings, afair Corps burning and Mass burial?

And when the black death comes is spread virulently, but each wave only lasts a few years