Page 1 of 1

newbie: adding units

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2026 7:21 pm
by bhacker
If I use the Editor on an existing scenario (in this case RTT42_TOURNEY_MEDJEZ24NOV) I can only add 2 UK units to the map. If I delete 10 units from the map, I can add 12 (10+2). Why is that, and how do I add more? I can't figure out why I'm limited.
I have tried adding the units directly to the .BAM file and changing the unit count, and that generates an error I haven't figured out yet.

Re: newbie: adding units

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2026 8:51 pm
by pipfromslitherine
The original BA has a unit limit per side of 64 IIRC. It is likely you are running up against that limit (which makes sense in user scenarios, they tend to be harder-core, and as such are less concerned about turn times or overwhelming players :) )

Cheers

Pip

Re: newbie: adding units

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2026 9:04 pm
by bhacker
bingo. Ta

Editor manual request

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2026 12:16 am
by bhacker
All the old links to the manual describing operation of the BA Editor seem to be broken. I'm flailing my way thru figuring out how the editor works, but does anyone have a document they can provide? Would be very welcome.

Re: newbie: adding units

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2026 10:27 pm
by pipfromslitherine
All the information (AND MORE!!!! :) ) should be available here

http://gamewiki.slitherine.com/doku.php

Cheers

Pip